2.16.2012

Kiss Flipbook Tutorial

So, yesterday I told you that I would write a "How-to" post on the Valentine's "Kiss Flipbook," that I originally saw via Pinterest on ColorMeKatie, where she explains exactly how to make your own.  But, it really is VERY cinchy! 
You start by snapping a photo of yourself blowing a kiss, like so...(this was taken by my 7 yr old son with my iPhone...no need for a fancy camera)
I probably should've even placed myself  more towards the right edge of the photo, due to the way the book flips, but whatevs. 

Next, upload and print a bunch (40 to be exact) of the wallet-sized images (I actually used Mpix because it's super-easy and my printer sucks).  Then, use a photo-safe marker to draw one heart on the first photo, two hearts on the second, three hearts on the third, and so on. 

You don't have to be perfect here. I found that the more irregular the pattern, the more movement it created. 

When you're done, you hole-punch and tie them together in a stack with some pretty ribbon.  You can also add a protective cover to the pocket-sized pucker book like I chose to.

Here's Katie's video of the finished product...cute huh???


And let me just say, that this sort of present doesn't exclude itself to Cupid's day...think birthday, anniversary, father's day, etc...use balloons, words, lips...the list is endless!  Just have fun with it!
Erin
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. This is great, thanks for sharing! I found your blog via Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/pin/192317846557237850/). Looking forward to seeing more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete