2.14.2012

Back to Blogging!

Wow...it's been almost exactly 6 months since I posted last and I'd love to be able to give you a million excuses why I've been M.I.A., but the reality is that none of them would be all that decent.  I've just been doing what all mothers/wives/wonderwomen do on a daily basis, which is TRY to keep up with all the demands (and let's just face it, sometimes I'm better at it than other times)!  So, I'll just give you the abbreviated version of the past half-year in an attempt to somewhat reconcile my absence :)

In September, we started homeschooling (yes, I love it...yes, it's alot of work...yes, I am learning alot...hopefully the kids are too...lol)
We visited our local family farm in October.  The kids picked out carving pumpkins, while I chose a variety of smaller ones for pureeing.  With it, I made a couple loaves of pumpkin bread and a pumpkin pie of course!
My sister and I decorated my mom's house for Thanksgiving, complete with a "Thankful Tree" (a la Simply Vintagegirl)
and some brown bag paper flowers via A Place for Us
We had a wonderful Christmas this year.  The beginning of the month was spent gathering gifts for a needy family that we adopted, while the last two weeks were filled with food, family, festivities and fun! 

My birthday weekend was spent camping/hiking/exploring Yosemite, which my husband and I had never done before.  It was the perfect little family getaway, where the boys could run around and expend their energy, while Mom and Dad could just unplug and enjoy the beauties of the scenery.
And...my supertalented sister also recently opened up her supercute paper shop "TwinkldPaper" on Etsy!
So, I'm uber excited to be back to blogging and catching up with all of you.  I hope your past 6 months have been as happy as mine!

Erin
xoxo

PS--I forgot to mention that this time around I'll be posting more of what I'm doing as opposed to what everyone else is doing...just because I prefer spending my time "doing," as opposed to spending it READing about what other people are doing.  So, please feel free to send me any comments, questions, or suggestions.  I'd love to hear your thoughts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment